MCB-Arif Habib Savings and Investments Limited (“MCB-AH” or “Company”) is a Public Limited Company listed on Pakistan Stock Exchange. The Company is registered as a Pension Fund Manager under the Voluntary Pension System Rules, 2005, as an Asset Management Company and an Investment Advisor under the Non-Banking Finance Companies (Establishment and Regulation) Rules, 2003. MCB-AH is a member of the Mutual Funds Association of Pakistan (MUFAP).
Pakistan Credit Rating Agency Limited (PACRA) has assigned highest Asset Manager Rating of AM1 to MCB-AH. This high quality Asset Manager Rating denotes that MCB-AH meets or exceeds the overall investment management industry best practices and highest benchmarks.
MCB-AH is currently managing fifteen (15) Open-end Schemes, two (2) Voluntary Pension Schemes and more than fifty (50) Discretionary and Non- Discretionary Portfolios. The Company has over 150,000 Customers comprising individuals, sole-proprietorships, retirement funds, public and private sector entities and charitable institutions. The Assets under Management of MCB-AH as of April 2022 are over Rs. 155.98 billion.
MCB-AH was incorporated in the name of Arif Habib Investment Management Limited (AHIML) on August 30, 2000 as an unquoted Public Limited Company. During 2008, AHIML was listed on the Karachi Stock Exchange Limited (now integrated into the Pakistan Stock Exchange Limited) by way of offer for sale of shares by a few of its existing shareholders to the general public. In the same financial year, the name of AHIML was changed from “Arif Habib Investment Management Limited” to “Arif Habib Investments Limited” (AHIL). On January 19, 2011, a transfer agreement was signed between Arif Habib Corporation Limited (AHCL) [the then parent of AHIL] and MCB Bank Limited (MCB Bank) [the then parent of MCB Asset Management Company Limited (MCB AMC)] for transfer of the entire business of MCB AMC to AHIL to achieve synergies in business and to access a wider distribution network. The scheme of amalgamation (“the Scheme”) was approved by the shareholders of AHIL and MCB AMC in their respective extraordinary general meetings held on May 21, 2011. The Scheme was also approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) with the effective date of amalgamation being June 27, 2011 (the effective date). In accordance with the terms contained in the Scheme, the Company became a subsidiary of MCB Bank Limited from the end of the year ended June 30, 2011 which owns 51.33% ordinary shares in the Company till date. Pursuant to the merger of MCB AMC with and into AHIL, the name of AHIL has been changed to MCB-Arif Habib Savings and Investments Limited, effective from May 23, 2013.
MCB-Arif Habib Savings and Investments Limited has been an industry leader, setting international standards and bringing innovative products to market.
- One of the largest client base in the private sector asset management companies.
- MCBAH enjoys one of the highest Asset Manager Rating of ‘AM1 ’ (by PACRA) in the industry
- MCB Pakistan Asset Allocation Fund (MCB-PAAF) has been assigned 5-star ranking for one year due to its outstanding performance by PACRA based on returns achieved up to 30th June 2012
- Three of our Equity based funds i.e. MCB Dynamic Stock Fund, Pakistan Pension Fund-Equity Sub Fund and Pakistan Islamic Pension Fund-Equity Sub Fund were included in the World’s Top 100 Equity Funds for 2012 by Thomson Reuters Lipper
- Pakistan Income Fund launched in March 2002 by MCBAH was the First Income Fund in the mutual fund industry
- MCBAH brought first private sector Equity Fund of the country in March 2002, i.e. MCB Pakistan Stock Market Fund which has created an Alpha of 192% (over KSE-100) since inception till April 2013
- Pakistan Cash Management Fund became the First Money Market Fund to be assigned stability rating of ‘AAA(f)’ in the country
- MCB Pakistan Sovereign Fund MCB-PSF, established in 2003 was the first sovereign risk Income Fund in the industry
- Pakistan Premier Fund (PPF, then a Closed-end Fund) was also placed in KSE top 25 companies in 2005 and 2006
- Pakistan Income Enhancement Fund rewrote history in Fixed Income Funds category (inception in Aug’2008) by earning highest ever annualized return of 18.33% in FY’09 (normal return without any provisioning reversals)
- Alhamra Islamic Asset Allocation fund (Formerly: Pakistan International Element Islamic Asset Allocation Fund) was the first Mutual Fund in the country with permission from the State Bank of Pakistan to invest in overseas markets
- MCBAH was the first Asset Management Company which had introduced ATM card withdrawal facility for retail clients
- MCBAH was the first Asset Management Company to convert a Closed-end Fund (Pakistan Capital Market Fund) into an open end fund in 2006 keeping investors benefit as its supreme interest
Asset Manager Rating by PACRA
Management Company: AM1 *
* “AM1”: Asset Manager meets very high investment management industry standards and benchmarks with noted strengths in several of the rating factors.
Date: 6th October 2021